Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2021

The Rover Adventure Continues!

Late last year I discovered I was pregnant, and even with the awful morning sickness that came with it, I was able to pursue my Practical Training Strip a bit at a time. The PTS includes things like lashings, knot work, working camp and hiking knowledge, and First Aid. I am First Aid certified now, and a few weeks ago I was able to demonstrate my knowledge of cleaning up camp and learning ax work. The only thing I have left for my PTS is the 16 mi, 1 night overnight hike, which I won't be able to complete until next year.

One of the proficiencies for PTS is practicing good health. I took this on as a Quest, and upon receiving confirmation from my mentor, I have completed my first Quest as a Knight!

I was offered to be Commissioner of Communications for R4LA, and I accepted the role. I am able to create visual media for the Association, including the official logo, the branding guide, and other things. I've modified and continue to update the Aspen Mountain Rover Crew website. It's been fun using this position to expand my talents in art, writing, and working with new people. 

Below is my hat with a purple Commissioner's plume. The crest and plume is a vintage piece originally from Japan.


Camp!

I went to the first overnight AMRC campout near Stockton, UT. It was so beautiful, and we did a good turn helping to clean up and chop up wood around camp for a different camp the following weekend. 







I've heard some people that had some interest in Rovering say that they wouldn't have time for Rovering, that they have too much going on in their own lives. I totally understand! But if I can do this stuff with a married life, wrangling 3 young boys while several months pregnant, getting ready to move, exhausted, my brain melted beyond comprehension, then anyone can Rover with us! So far this has been a great scouting association to be part of, and I hope other adults can find as much joy in it as I have!

1 comment:

  1. Great share! And I LOVE your plume...mine is on its way.

    ReplyDelete